A cough is a common reflex action that clears the throat of mucus or foreign irritants. A cough that lasts between 3 and 8 weeks, improving by the end of that period, is a subacute cough. A persistent cough that lasts more than eight weeks is a chronic cough. There are various ways to treat cough and other lungs and throat problems. From allopathy to homeopathy, from ayurvedic treatment to alternate medicines. Today, we are going to discuss about another unique way to treat the general irritation of the throat. Please note, prescribed medications from a doctor needs to be continued while taking this treatment.
We are going to talk about sound waves which can give relief to a patient who is undergoing treatment for cough. People who have general cough and cold problem due to change of weather can get rid of cough and irritation in no time. We will be using binaural beats therapy to treat our cough problem.
If you are having a sore throat or a regular throat irritation, please click on the play button in the video below while you read through the article.
Do note: (while listening to the sounds, do the following.)
1. Keep yourself hydrated
2. Drink hot drinks like hot water, hot cup of tea.
3. Avoid cold water or drinks.
4. Chew some tulasi leaves with 2 tablespoon of honey. (Ocimum tenuiflorum or Ocimum sanctum, commonly known as holy basil, tulasi is sometimes spelled thulasi or tulsi.)
5. Chew few garlic with hot water.
6. Put on headphones and meditate on the sounds. (lay or in sitting position)
7. Do not get distracted
Your allergic coughing is going to calm down and stop after listening for few minutes.
What is binaural beats therapy?Binaural beats therapy is an emerging form of soundwave therapy in which the right and left ears listen to two slightly different frequency tones yet perceive the tone as one. The binaural auditory beat that a person hears is the difference in frequency between the left and the right ear and should be at frequencies lower than 1000 hertz (Hz) for the brain to detect the binaural beat.
How do binaural beats work?Binaural beats therapy requires a person to listen to different sound frequencies for a set amount of time, without any distractions, and in a comfortable space.
Research has shown that when a person listens to binaural beats for a recommended time, their levels of arousal change.
Researchers believe these changes occur because the binaural beats activate specific systems within the brain. An electroencephalogram (EEG) that recorded the electrical brain activity of people listening to binaural beats showed that the effect on a person's body varied according to the frequency pattern used.
The four known categories of frequency pattern include:1. Delta patterns: Binaural beats in the delta pattern are set at a frequency of between 0.1 and 4 Hz, which is associated with dreamless sleep.
2. Theta patterns: Binaural beats in the theta pattern are set at a frequency of between 4 and 8 Hz, which is associated with sleep in the rapid eye movement or REM phase, meditation, and creativity.
3. Alpha pattern: Binaural beats in the alpha pattern are set at a frequency of between 8 and 13 Hz, which may encourage relaxation.
4. Beta pattern: Binaural beats in the beta pattern are set at a frequency of between 14 Hz and 100 Hz, which may help promote concentration and alertness. However, this frequency can also increase anxiety at the higher end of the frequency range.
Read more at Medical News Today | photo courtesy: Freepik
Post a Comment
Do not Spam. Stay on topic. Do not post anything defamatory, harmful, abusive, racially objectionable, or otherwise illegal. If you violate these rules, your post will be deleted.